Sunday, May 8, 2011

product review: specialized pro

I've been riding these Specialized Pro road shoes for a couple of weeks now, and I think that its time to make a decision - I don't like them very much.  On paper these should be great:  FACT Carbon outer-soles, well ventilated, 280g per pair, BG Fit insole, but at the end of the day the over-sized upper is just painful to my foot.  I have to say that I had high hopes for breaking them in, because I love the rigidity & weight of the shoe, but for my foot shape they just dug into the top/sides of my feet.  The pain was enough that it wouldn't relent, instead just putting my feet to sleep.  At $275 a pair, I think that one would be better off getting the Fizik R3 for the unique design and mobious rail.

Final conclusions, might work for some, but there a better designs out there at the same price point with less branding & more bang for your buck.  I'm selling these for $200 if anyone is interested:














stock photo from specialized.com

No comments: