Monday, January 31, 2011

another tester

I had enough break in the weather, and a day off, to try out the 2011 Specialized Roubaix Expert.  This bike took some getting used to - for one, its fairly stiff yet Specialized made some advancements with this frame to allow a great deal of vertical compliance.  Overall, its the softest carbon ride I've been on to date, and it comes in around 17.5lbs off the floor.  I'm not wild about the top tube angle, I think its rather ugly, but I have to say that I enjoyed it for the 25miles I put in before my feet went numb.
Biggest perks:  Climbs well, gentle on the body, adequate overall stiffness and no shutter on descents.
Biggest cons:  Pretty ugly, corners like garbage and the frame dragged a little to the left during out of the saddle sprints.
I think that I would recommend this bike to people who live in rougher areas - no Brendan, not Long Beach.

I'm going to do some reviews on my snow/ cold weather gear tomorrow, so tune in if you want to save yourself from freezing to death on the roads/trails.

No comments: