Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a day without rage: hope this makes you happy

I've been riding these Deda Newton Shallow drops for a few months now.  I have to say that they are, supremely stiff, and while I was hesitant on riding shallow drops away from a road bike, I've enjoyed the position of these bars, immensely.  For one, the shallow drop allows me to stay off the shoulder for miles without experiencing any back pain, but while still allowing me to drop deeper when needed.  Additionally, the 7075 T6 material allows really low weight & increased rigidity.  I feel that these drops are stiffer than the, widely popular, Deda Pista Elementi bars.  Frankly, I've been riding road drops for the past 6 months to avoid the deep style of track bars, which I find completely obtuse for climbing & long rides.  All in all, these are a great investment if you can still find them, and don't mind how weird they're bound to look on your bike.

*Ritchey stem courtesy of Brendan & I'm using Fizik Soft Touch as per usual:

No comments: