Tuesday, May 11, 2010

tribute tuesdays: garmin-transitions

Its Gran Tour season again, and as always, I find myself inexplicably routing for the Felt Team: Garmin-Transitions. I'm provoked to write them into the Tribute Annals today as I watched a great documentary on their founding on Sundance yesterday - Blood, Sweat & Gears:



Its easy to forget that they've only been around for around 3 seasons, but they hold a stupid amount of stage wins & have some of my favorite riders, ie: Christian Vande Velde, Dave Zabriskie and Tyler Farrar. Let's not forget that they're doing it clean and all that shit. Teams have a way of ruining my perception of them, ie: Saunier Duval with Pippolini & Ricco, but you know that this won't happen with Garmin. Personally, I really like their approach, and I hold fond memories of when Chipotle gave away burritos if you arrived on a bicycle during Le Tour.

No comments: