Friday, April 30, 2010

forgettable fridays

First, I have to say that it makes my Friday when I struggle to find material for this segment. This is one of those days, and hopefully, this is playing a small part in reducing idiocy around the world. With that said, we'll all face palm over videos and text today:

VELOCITY B43


I can't really describe how much I hate this rim. For one, its useless as a sprinter's wheel, climber's wheel, trickster's wheel, etc. Heavy - sure. Strong - not really. Big surface area - definitely. This rim is the spinners or "dubs" of the cycling community. Only agreeable with our most base & carnal urges - Americanized - I want a big wheel thingy. There's a reason that you see kids running 26's & Chukkers now - a low profile rim is stronger! Good god, please stop using these things; you're ruining every good build with them. Oh, and lime green anything will never go well with your bike.

Now for some lulz



waaaaahhhhh:

360 and 360 to fork snap from 010fixedgear on Vimeo.

No comments: